Web development is a field of technology that is on boost. From developing websites to website applications and so much more, web development platforms are something that is needed.
ASP.NET MVC and web forms are two of the most popular web development platforms which are used widely. Both of these platforms are designed by Microsoft and can be used by anyone during their free trial.
ASP.NET MVC vs Web Form
The main difference between ASP.NET MVC and web forms is that behind each programming page of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform, no function is related to code. While on the other hand, behind every single programming page of the web form web development platform, all the functions rely upon coding.
In the ASP.NET MVC web development platform, the person who is using the ASP.NET MVC web development platform can see the view any number of times without coding.
Whereas, in the web forms web development platform, the person who is using that platform needs to have the coding for each class if he or she has to view that specific page he or she is coding for.
Comparison Table Between ASP.NET MVC and Web Form
|Parameters of comparison||ASP.NET MVC||Web forms|
|Weight of the software||ASP.NET MVC is lightweight||Web form is higher in weight as compared to ASP.NET MVC|
|URL generated||URLs generated by ASP.NET MVC are SEO friendly and are based on the route||URLs generated by web form are SEO friendly and are based on the files|
|Designing method||Use of HTML as their markup language||Control over servers|
|Time consumed||ASP.NET MVC consumes less time||Web forms consumes more time as compared to ASP.NET MVC|
|Ideal for||ASP.NET MVC is ideal for designing innovative and interactive web applications||Web form is ideal for designing fast processing web programs|
What is ASP.NET MVC?
The ASP.NET MVC web development platform is developed by the company called Microsoft and is designed based upon the model called model view controller program.
The main idea of the model view controller program is that this program allows people to develop and design web applications based upon only three different components, which are known as a model, view, and lastly controller.
These three components of the model signify three different ASP.NET MVC acts of developing and designing a web application.
The first component, that is model signifies the data that is used during the development of the web application. The second component, which is a view, signifies the interface of the web application during its designing. The last component of the model that is known as the controller signifies the logic that is behind the development of the web application.
All these three components are used as in the ASP.NET MVC web development platform for users to develop and design web applications. Moreover, the ASP.NET MVC uses HTML as its markup language.
That is to say, for web applications, users will have to rely upon HTML as their programming language. ASP.NET MVC is a great web development platform that is used widely by many companies such as Microsoft and GoDaddy.
What is Web Form?
Webform is another type of web development platform that is also developed by Microsoft. The web forms are coming out to be among the best web development platforms. The reason behind that is that web forms have built-in data controls.
Webform is used widely by many different companies and the major benefit of using web forms as the primary platform for developing web applications is that web forms do not require intensive coding like other traditional web development platforms.
Instead, the web form uses programming and coding for its function.
The major characteristic of web forms is that the person needs to have complete coding for the page to view that certain page. This makes the web development platform more in weight as every page has coding and commanding.
Main Differences Between ASP.NET MVC and Web Form
- The weight of pages of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform is light in weight as compared to the web forms. The reason behind that is that no coding is required in ASP.NET MVC to view pages. While on the other hand, the weight of the pages of the web forms web development platform is very high as compared to ASP.NET MVC. The reason behind that is that coding is required for the class to view that certain page.
- The URLs of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform depend upon the controller and are based on the route. Moreover, the URLs of the ASP.NET MVC web development platform are SEO friendly. Whereas, the URLs of the web form web development platform are based upon files that exist in physical form. In addition to that, just like ASP.NET MVC, the URLs that are generated using the web forms web development platform are also SEO friendly.
- ASP.NET MVC web development platform uses HTML as its markup language rather than having the control and dependency upon servers. Web forms are a type of web development platform which uses control over servers as a method of designing the web.
- Since there is no control and dependency over the servers, it takes less time for the person to design. But in the case of web forms, since it uses to control and depend on the servers, it takes comparatively more time for the person to design.
- The ASP.NET MVC web development platform shows great performance when it comes to the development of web applications in terms of innovation and interaction. While on the other hand, the web forms show great performance when it comes to the development of fast processing web programs.
Both of the web development platforms are among the best options for someone who would wish to develop a web application. Both ASP.NET MVC and web forms have their advantages and disadvantages.
But in comparison, ASP.NET MVC comes out to be a better option because the ASP.NET MVC is lightweight, highly efficient, and is remarkably less time-consuming.