Air transportation is by far the fastest and the most convenient mode of transportation when it comes to traveling long distances. Within a couple of hours, a person can travel from one country to another using the air transportation system.
When it comes to air transportation, different domestic airlines provide air transportation services for their customers. With great hospitality services, ensuring comfortable journeys for travelers, complimentary meals throughout the journey, safety precautions followed by the airlines and other such services make an airline stand out among the rest of the airlines.
Several domestic and international airlines provide all such services to their customers. Two of such airlines are Air France airlines and British Airways airlines.
Air France vs British Airways
The main difference between Air France and British Airways is that as suggested from the name of the airlines, Air France operates its airlines all over the world from France. While on the other hand, British Airways operates its airlines all over the world from the United Kingdom.
Air France airlines are one of the best-rated airlines in the field. It offers great hospitality and ensures a comfortable journey for travelers. Moreover, air France airlines are also registered as the official airline for the Cannes Film festival during which all the personalities travel on these airlines.
British Airways is one of the most popular airlines in the world. The airlines have often gained an appreciation for their hospitality services and the politeness of their employees. British Airways focuses a lot on the comfort of the journeys of their travelers which they often promote using different slogans such as “We will take more care of you”.
Comparison Table Between Air France and British Airways
|Parameters of comparison||Air France||British Airways|
|Established by||Air France airlines were established by Anne Regale.||British Airways was established by Sean Doyle.|
|Established on||Air France airlines were established on October 7, 1993.||British Airways was established on March 31, 1974.|
|Fleet size||The fleet size of Air France airlines is 214.||The fleet size of British Airways airlines is 253.|
|Incidents||Air France airlines have witnessed a total number of 93 incidents and accidents.||British Airways airlines have witnessed a total number of 12 incidents and accidents.|
|Hub||The hub of the Air France airlines is Charles De Gaulle International Airport.||The hub of British Airways airlines is Heathrow International Airport.|
|Destinations covered||Air France airlines cover a total number of 211 destinations.||British airways cover a total number of 183 destinations.|
What is Air France?
The chairperson of air France airlines is Anne Regale. Air France airlines operate its transportation system from France. Air France Airlines was founded on October 7, 1993. Its headquarters are situated in a city of France called Tremblay en France. The parent company of Air France airlines is known as Air France KLM.
Air France airlines have a total number of 85,000 crew members who work on ensuring all the parameters of a safe and comfortable journey are ensured for their travelers. Among over 500 places, Air France airlines majorly serve Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux, Toulouse, and Nice.
Air France airlines keep upgrading their aircraft for a better journey for their travelers such as upgrades to cabins for long travels, better services for business travelers, and more.
What is British Airways?
The chairperson of British Airways airlines is Sean Doyle. British Airways operates all of its transportation systems from the United Kingdom. British Airways is the second-largest and most popular airline in the United Kingdom. The first largest airline in the United Kingdom is EasyJet airlines.
British Airways was founded on March 31, 1974. British Airways covers a lesser number of destinations as compared to the air France airlines, which is equal to about 183 destinations.
British Airways provide many additional benefits to their travelers for which the travelers do not have to pay extra charges. The cabin crew members of British Airways are also known to be very polite, humble, and helpful throughout the journey.
Main Differences Between Air France and British Airways
- Air France airlines operate its airline from France. While on the other hand, British Airways airlines operate its airlines from the United Kingdom.
- The fleet size of the Air France airlines in service is smaller as compared to the British Airways airlines. On the contrary, the fleet size of the British Airways airlines in service is bigger as compared to the Air France airlines.
- The operating distance of air France airlines is bigger as compared to British Airways airlines. In simpler words, it can be said that the air France airlines cover more destinations for traveling as compared to the British Airways airlines. Whereas, The operating distance of the British Airways airlines is smaller as compared to the British Airways airlines. That is to say that the British Airways airlines cover fewer destinations for traveling as compared to the Air France airlines.
- The number of incidents and accidents that have happened in the air France airlines is more as compared to the British Airways airlines. That is to say, the Air France airlines are less safe for travelers to travel. While on the other hand, the number of incidents and accidents that have happened in the British Airways airlines is less as compared to the air France airlines. That is to say, British Airways airlines are relatively safer for travelers to travel.
- Air France airlines serve their travelers free complimentary snacks, refreshments, and meals depending upon how long the flight is. On the other hand, British Airways provide only free refreshments and snacks and charges for meals through the buy-on-board service charges.
Though both of the flights provide great services to their customers at a reasonable price, British Airways is known to be a better airline as compared to the Air France airlines. This can be concluded from the rankings that both airlines hold. Air France airlines are ranked at the 8th position among the best airlines all around the globe. On the other hand, British Airways airlines are ranked at the 4th position among the best airlines in the world.