Footwears play a major role in making a great fashion statement. Today, footwear is not a necessity but a luxury. Everyone loves different kinds of footwear such as shoes, sandals, and flip-flops. When it comes to shoes, sneakers are by far the most popular type of footwear which people love and prefer to wear.
After all, sneakers are not just comfortable among all the rest of the type of footwear, but also fashionable and trendsetting. One can wear sneakers daily and for special occasions too. All these reasons make sneakers one of the best types of footwear.
Adidas is one of the most popular brands when it comes to footwear, especially sneakers. Although Adidas designs several different types of sportswear, clothes, and accessories, it is still best known for its shoes, and most importantly, sneakers.
Adidas Superstar 1 vs 2
The main difference between Adidas Superstar 1 and 2 is that the Adidas Superstar 1 was released as the original Adidas Superstar series. While on the other hand, the Adidas Superstar 2 is not the original Adidas Superstar series, instead, it was released as an idea of an upgrade to the Adidas Superstar 1 series.
The shoes of the Adidas Superstar 1 series were released with a more retro style, such as simple shoes with light colors, simple designs, and limited options. People loved the Adidas Superstar 1 series and it became a major hit for Adidas.
While on the other hand, the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 2 series were released with more street style, such as bold colors, complex and funky design, and more options as compared to the Adidas Superstar 1 series. Looking at the popularity of the Adidas Superstar 1 series, Adidas released Adidas Superstar 2 series as an advancement to the Adidas Superstar 1 series with more features.
Comparison Table Between Adidas Superstar 1 and 2
|Parameters of comparison||Adidas Superstar 1||Adidas Superstar 2|
|Originality||Adidas Superstar 1 is the original superstar series of Adidas.||Adidas Superstar 2 is the reinvented superstar series of Adidas.|
|Durability||Relatively less durable||Relatively more durable|
|Padding||Had less padding||Had more padding|
|Options||Had limited options in terms of color and patterns.||Had a vast variety of options in terms of colors and patterns.|
|Cost||Relatively less expensive||Relatively more expensive|
What is Adidas Superstar 1?
At the time when the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes were released, they gained a lot of popularity and this was the series that made the company Adidas famous and made it gain fame. The major reason behind the popularity of the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes was because when they were released, many famous people wore them and appreciated them.
Several different celebrities and sports players such as Kareem Abdul Jabbar who was a basketball player appreciated the shoe line and superstar series. This not just resulted in the promotion of the Adidas Superstar 1 series but also made it one of the most successful shoe series in the history of Adidas.
The Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes followed subtle and light colors with minimalistic to zero eye-catching patterns and designs. The shoes had the name of the series ‘Superstar’ written on the side of them.
Even though the shoes of the Adidas 1 series had not had much comfort due to a thin leather tongue, no additional padding on the heel of the shoe or the leather tongue as well, only a limited option in terms of colors, and other such limitations, the series gained a lot of popularity and people loved those shoes.
What is Adidas Superstar 2?
Although the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes were a major hit in terms of popularity, they had certain limitations and some comfort issues as well. So with an upgrade to the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes, Adidas came up with the Adidas Superstar 2 series.
The shoes of the Adidas Superstar 2 had a lot of advancement in them as compared to the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 1 series. They had a thicker leather tongue, thicker padding, more durable material, more comfortable, and many options.
Moreover, Adidas also worked on the promotion of the new Adidas Superstar 2 series by featuring different popular personalities and hip hop dancers, so that they can give the idea to the people that these shoes were the street style.
Main Differences Between Adidas Superstar 1 and 2
- Adidas Superstar 1 is the original Adidas Superstar series. While on the other hand, Adidas Superstar 2 is a reinvention of the original Adidas Superstar series.
- The material used in the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes is complete leather except for the tip of the shoe which is made of rubber. On the contrary, the material used in the Adidas Superstar 2 series shoes is leather but also with an add-on material of silk.
- The leather tongue of the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 1 series is thin. Whereas, the leather tongue of the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 2 series is thick.
- The color palettes used in the Adidas Superstar 1 series shoes are light with simple and minimalistic designs. While on the other hand, the color palettes used in the Adidas Superstar 2 series shoes are bold with complex designs.
- The shoes of the Adidas Superstar 1 series are less comfortable as compared to the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 2 series. On the other hand, the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 2 series are more comfortable as compared to the shoes of the Adidas Superstar 1 series. The reason behind that is that the Adidas Superstar 2 series shoes have an add-on silk lining which makes those shoes feel more comfortable.
Both of the superstar series of Adidas, that was, Adidas Superstar 1 series and Adidas Superstar 2 series were very popular and helped Adidas become one of the most known brands in the footwear industry. The shoes of both of these series are highly versatile and still stay in footwear stores. People still wear the Adidas Superstar series shoes due to their features, and comfort.